Saturday, November 3, 2012

Just a Sneak Preview (because I'm pretty proud of this idea!)




Cooking Skill Level: Not Really Sure Yet
Ok, so I thought I'd have all the plans for the next book and dinner ready.  I've decided to go with On My Way to the Bath by Sarah Maizes, but I couldn't think about how to tie the menu to the book.  Then it hit me.  I'm so darn impressed with my creativity that I just had to post this.  I'll write up the whole blog post about the meal and the book on Tuesday after I've met with the boys, but I just need to brag a bit ...

I kept thinking of things I could do to portray the adventures on the way to the bath, but then I realized that I could make the bath itself the whole story.  We'll use small bowls of broth as the bath, and the boys can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of things to put into the bath/soup.  I'll make some green linguini (a Tbs of pesto instead of one of the eggs), the tiniest of baby spinach leaves for jungle, moustaches cut out of cooked potato slices, sunglasses (thank you, King Arthur Flour for the sunglasses cookie cutter), various animal cracker shapes that I'll make (or Goldfish if I get lazy)... oh it's going to be great fun.  Once they add everything to the bath tub soup, it'll be a fun slurp or two!

Look for the pictures and actual menu items on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment